The University rules that must be ad在这里d to can be accessed 在这里. These apply to both the Wired and Wireless College Networks.
The “Authorised Officer” with respect to these pages is the College IT Manager
Some of these web pages refer to additional documents, and may be changed at any time. Use your judgement, and if you are unsure, ask the IT staff. The IT Office monitors network traffic to detect problems or misuse, and computers may be temporarily disconnected or put on low bandwidth if it is thought necessary.
Additionally, the College requires you to comply with the following:
- You should ensure that you do not run up excessive Internet traffic levels. Internet use is provided primarily for academic purposes although reasonable personal use is permitted. .
- Make sure your computer is kept secure, including installing software patches and ensuring a virus checker is installed and kept up to date.
- Wifi routers and hotspots are not permitted.
- Peer-to-peer (P2P) software such as BitTorrent clients must not be installed.
- Servers and network services, including file sharing, webservers and email servers on any computer should not be run without the permission of the IT Office.
- You must not use, share or store applications, 电影, 音乐, photos or other material if you are not legally entitled to do so.
- Promiscuous mode reception or any other form of network traffic monitoring is forbidden. 特别是, attempting to gain other user’s passwords or other forms of authorisation is an extremely serious offence which will result in severe disciplinary action being taken against anyone found guilty of such activities.
Please also note:
All HE organisations must have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism. The College observes the Prevent duty which has three specific objectives:
- Respond to the ideological challenge of terrorism and the threat we face from those who promote it;
- prevent people from being drawn into terrorism and ensure that they are given appropriate advice and support; and
- work with sectors and institutions w在这里 t在这里 are risks of radicalisation that we need to address.
Accidental breaches of these provisions can sometimes occur; if you are worried that such a breach has taken place, or you wish to report concerns of possible extremist activity, please contact the IT Office, Senior Tutor or Bursar.
还记得, the rules and guidelines on this page aren't intended to stop you enjoying your internet access, but to ensure that t在这里 is enough bandwidth for everyone and to help protect you and your computer.